Experience for today. Vision for tomorrow.
A passionate, entrepreneurial professional interested in opportunities to apply my leadership skills, business acumen and creative expertise to foster the success of forward-thinking organizations that appreciate and strive for a triple bottom line… people, profit and planet.
RESULTS DRIVEN SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Strategic Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
• Operations & Project Management • Research & Development
• Communications, Advertising & PR • Electronic Media, Video, Photography, Design, Production & Distribution
A CAREER OF EXCELLENCE
Rudy Poe Inc., Huntington Beach, CA (rudypoe.com) 2009 – Present
Media Production and Consulting
• Work with clients in retail, medical, fashion and electronics industries to develop branding/imaging, educational and media solutions across various mediums.
• Imagine it! 3, “Change: It’s All About You” 2019 - Writing, producing and hosting online course, seminar and book designed as your go-to guide to embracing change.
• “Here. Us. Now” 2014 - Wrote, produced, directed and edited feature documentary focusing a mother and father’s journey to save their two young daughters from an ultra-rare, deadly disease.
Imagine it! Project, Thousand Oaks, CA (www.imagineitproject.com) 2007 – 2010
Co-founder, Board Member
• Co-founded and built this non-profit, educational, new-media organization from inception.
• Engineered and managed on-line digital media library.
• Produced and Directed 80+ interviews with luminaries from Stanford, MIT, the Smithsonian, National Academy of Engineers, Lincoln Center, Pixar and others.
• Edited and provided creative direction on all finished media productions including two feature documentaries.
JustFoodForDogs, Irvine, CA (justfoodfordogs.com) 2010-2016
Co-founding partner. Worked with partners in branding, media production and technology solutions for new category of fresh, human-grade petfood.
Eleventh Day Entertainment, Encino, CA (www.eleventhday.com) 1995 – 2009
Co-founder, President, Executive Producer, Director, Editor
• Produced over 100 hours of video programming and multimedia content.
• Orchestrated building of one of the first high-definition post-production facilities in Los Angeles.
• Co-managed client relations with television networks, corporations, foundations and the military.
• Interviewed and worked with celebrities from Entertainment, Sports and Politics.
• Responsible for all strategic planning, personnel, production, finance and business affairs.
• Provided creative direction for communications related media projects.
• Received Emmy, Image, Cine and numerous other prestigious awards.
River Road Productions, Universal City, CA 1994 – 1995
• Produced 100 Years of Cinema documentary series for Showtime Networks.
• Hired and managed staff and freelance production personnel.
• Developed and established mutli-media research database.
• Negotiated licensing contracts with hundreds of archives.
• Interfaced with celebrity talent and network executives.
Point Blank Productions, Inc., Los Angeles, CA 1989 - 1991 & 1993 - 1994
Unit Production Manager/Assistant Director/Research & Post Production Supervisor
• Managed various aspects of of Turner documentaries, “In Search Of Dr. Seuss” & “MGM: When the Lion Roars”.
• Responsible for day-to-day operations of 100+ person production/creative teams.
• Dr. Seuss film was nominated for 7 Emmy Awards. MGM series won Emmy for “Best Informational Series”.
Creative Impact, Inc., Costa Mesa, CA 1989 – 1993
• Developed and created advertising and PR campaigns for clients in sports/health/lifestyle industries.
• Provided creative direction on layout and design, copywriting and photo/video shoots.